Wednesday, December 31, 2008

O' That I Would Love You


"Unite my heart to fear Thy name." (Psalm 86:11b)

O' that I would love You.
You Who are in me and I am in You.

Your Word says this is so.
But my life tells a different woe.
Lord, let my journey begin,
To turn,
Before it is time to end.

The path and fields have become too much.
The constant contention, raging are too much.

My very own actions are killing me.
I do not know how to flee.


I've heard it said,
'when the glory of the Lord fills a place there is no room for anything else'

O' Father that Your glory would show on my face.

I sit at your feet knowing I can do nothing to earn Your love.

Help me to Obey You in order to walk in Your way.

Help me Lord,
I must stop blaming my nasty "be" attitudes on someone else,

I must believe You in all things and for all things,
And stop the doubting, and complaining,
Talking about, thinking about how things should be done and blaming.

I say I am the only one who walks and lives like this...
But, now You remind me of others in a previous place in time....
As with the Israelites, my thinking is keeping me stuck in the wilderness of my own demise.

I come to You now, seeking You.

"Unite my heart to fear Thy name" (Psalm 86:11b)

O that I would love You,
You Who are in me and I am in You.

No comments: