Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Freedom and Glory

Freedom and Glory
http://seedsowersseries.blogspot.com/
by: seedsower deb

Written at sunset on a beach in Tampa, Florida , USA

I am amazed at the vastness of God's Glory reflected by the setting sun on the water's surface and the freedom illustrated by birds soaring and diving through the air without a care.


"From the rising of the sun to the going down of the same, the Lord's name will be praised."

For me setting suns and soaring freedom do not always find my door; rather it is continual conveyors of threshing wheat, spinning clay on the Potter's wheel, and thrusting into fiery furnaces that I see.

I love the Lord through all of these things. For I know there is a time for everything under the sun... as it is written.

I accept postponement and the apparent temporary contradiction of promises...

...though they be nigh at my door. And the high place and the glory which peek from around the corner, they are just a matter of time. (As the Promiser is not a man that He can lie.)

Whether it be threshed wheat in a bin, clay on the wheel, or burning heat in a fire, by His grace I will go. As for certain, as I am penning these words, He has a divine plan for me:

  • wheat separated for His glory,
  • clay molded into the vessel fit for His purpose,
  • burning heat removing all the dross.

With joy, come what may, all is accepted. As in acceptance lieth joy. Though things can appear dimly, there is always that glimmer of hope from time-to-time and realization of the final hour when all will be clear and the temporary will pass into the eternal.

Oh my Rock and my Fortress in You do I trust... for it is You who is my Stronghold.

No more pain, no more tears, no more shrinking back. Only glory and freedom... basking in the actual presence of God, shining as the sun's rays flickering on the water's surface and the birds soaring freely in the air.

No comments: