Friday, December 5, 2008

To The Wall


  • "To the wall," quoted the preacher, "did the king turn."*

    Once high,
    brought low,
    All due to his pride.

    Forgetting...
    From where here he came,
    And Who he represent.

    It all came tumbling down,
    Only then the cry of repent.

    "Have mercy on me,"
    Toward the wall he cried.

    Knowing all too well,
    The depths he'd reached.

    That he was just one breath away...
    From the condition in which he lay.

    Not a human soul could save him
    Nor change his circumstance, not a chance.

    No human arm could hoist him
    From that pit's length or depth.

    Only God above whose unheavy ear could hear,
    The cry of the broken and contrite man.

    His ear never too heavy to the hear anguished cries,
    Of men who for so long turned their ear from...
    the Word preached;

    Only then to find themselves in the pit of deep despair.

    The Almighty's arm never too short to reach down, No matter the span,

To rescue the hearts of those led into such depths. Who finally cry out, "Have Mercy on Me."

Have mercy on me,
My own soul cries.
It's toward the wall I turn,
Knowing it is there I find Your mercy, compassion, and
grace.

For, my time here flies,
And, I too realize, my life is but one short breath away.

_______________________________
2Kings 20:1-5


No comments: