Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hope


Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God...(1a)

No one whose hope is in You will ever be put to shame. (2)

"No one" - ah, this must surely include "me," as my hope is in God alone.

After many of years of hiding, cowering, internalizing, losing sight of my very being, I now know that it is only He who can and will provide for me, keep me, protect me.

What is it that I have "hope" of?... Oh, so very, very much:

- Resurrection
- Eternal life
- His mercy
- His grace
- Everlasting love
- His great and absolute power
- His soverignty
- His ability to turn a situation around
- His providental care

My "hope" is not one of "oh, I wish this would happen," or "I wish this would come true."

No, resolutely, it is a simple "knowing." He is with me.

May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in You. (3)

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. (4)

Now shameless and protected, praising my Savior and my God... I raise my heart to the heavens:

Why so downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? (1)

Nay, I put my hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior (1) and I can for sure say, it does bring one an unexplainable, yet definate hope.

1. Psalm 42:5/6a; 42:11; 43:5
2. Psalm 25:3
3. Psalm 25:21
4. Psalm 62:5
_____________________________

Hope
http://seedsowersseries.blogspot.com
by: seedsower deb


No comments: