Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Drawn from Deep Waters... Drifting


Drawn From Deep Waters... Drifting - Written: 10/8/1997 - dss

"He drew me out of the deep waters."

Once again, I've drifted out too far. The tide has carried me away. I knew before stepping into the water of its underlying current and its subtle drawing power.
 
Yet, I still ventured out.
 
Now I am too far out to get back in on my own - the very current that gently took me out, will now keep me where I do not want to be - in deep waters.

My strength is not enough to tread to the shore. The further out I drift the less of the shoreline I can see. Huge waves come at regular intervals crashing over top of me and cutting off the view of my focal point... drifting, drifting, drifting.

"In my distress I called to the Lord; I called out to my God. He reached down from on high and took hold of me. He drew me out of the deep waters." (2 Samuel 22:17, Psalms 18:6 and 16).

Holy - who do we have in heaven or on earth, but You Lord? Oh to be back on solid ground. Give me strength today to stay firmly in your way and away from the tempting waters.

1 comment:

Mamajil said...

This is so deep (no pun intended)! I love your writing it has so much meaning and feeling!