Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Being and Doing the Next Thing

Who am I when circumstances try
to defy
the peace and joy that are mine
by design?

Given to me to live life in harmony.

I know this state is possible,
as it is decreed,

By the Ancient of Days
Who came to set captives free.

Free am I? To be me and stand tall above all?
Yes, it is so... who says?

I know. For it has been said from the beginning of time
we are...

Free to stand by the power of Grace Divine

So to circumstances surrounding, I denounce with set face.

Surrender will I only to Thee, setting my heart to unite
to honor Thy name and be the me You intended.

Having done all to stand, I will continue this Way,
being me as designed, and doing the next thing..

totally understood it's by Thy power alone

...with peace from above and a joyful heart,

Regardless of what opposes, or come what may.

No comments: