Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Want To...

Oh God for Your strength --
My "want to"* is shallow,
Hollow,
No substance,
No ground.

I know there is more.
I see it all around...
...At a distance...
Though, 'ner coming close,
Nor crossing the invisible...
...Parameter which around me surrounds.

To you alone I cry,
No one else can bring change.
Even I let my own self down.

O help me Dear God.

Grace and Strength to do,
To be,

To live,
To see,
To have a solid
"want to."

And...

May desires, goals,
vision, aspirations, and dreams burst forth.  I know there is more.


*inspired from a sentence in the book entitled "Made to Crave" written by Lysa TerKeurst.

1 comment:

Carol B said...

Love it.
Thoroughly enjoy Lysa Terkeursk's blog.
Have just read CRAZY LOVE by Francis Chan.....loved it too.
God's strength to you.
<3