Friday, September 13, 2013

Who Am I?

Who am I when the world completely halts?
No TV,
PC,
MP3;

Just me.

No car to go,
to store or show;

Just me.

Do I know who I am?
When all is quiet and confinement is my stay?
Will I be able to distinguish my way, The way?

When the darkness goes out,
Will I see the light?
Which alone can keep me from fright.

Trauma within, for many a year.
I failed to know,
It was pushed far deep down below.

Who am I, alone? Just me?

No, I am a sojourner,
I'm His,
Visiting, I see.

Laugh O' my soul, sing aloud.
And watch the darkness move on as a cloud.

O' soul, get quiet.
For when the vapor is gone and all tis left is a faded flower,

I, who is me, and am in He,
without doubt, will see...
in that triumphant hour.

Set worry aside, and let Faith take her stand,
for I am His now and also be will when the journey here ends.


It is coming, however soon, it will surely take place... declares the Supreme and Sovereign Power. (Ezekiel 39:8)

2 comments:

teri said...

Debby, your talents are beautifully demonstrated in your words. I am drawn into each one of these poems and am overjoyed knowing you are my sister. love you muches

Seed Sower Deb said...

Hey sis-o. Love you too.