Friday, January 2, 2009

Strengthened by Grace


It started as I walked in the door...

Why did you do this, why didn't you do that?

I tried to defend, but the voice wouldn't hear,
I initially shrunk back, not recognizing fear.

Alone in my 'safe' room, atop of my bed,
I buried my face toward the wall and I said:

O' God, please help me see You in this fire;
Grant me grace to rise from this mire.

More important, give me strength to keep my mouth closed ,
As I know I can do nothing without You.

It's only through You I can do all things,
As you are the Vine and I the branch.

Strengthened by grace, I went about the night,
Going about my evening, not looking for a fight.

As I truly desire no argument, no contention,
For I am an Ambassador for Christ within.

Help me to display Christ, to stand firm
Not to rely on myself, but on Him.

Help me to always stand, for You have delivered me, You deliver me, and You will continue to deliver me.

Lord help me to live for You Who died for me (2 Cor 5:15), help me to not regard anyone from a worldly view (2 Cor 5:16),
But to always stand and believe solidly in You.

Firm in your arms as You see me through.

2 comments:

Mama said...

Deb,
I love reading your thoughts, keep expressing yourself! Your words and trials are a blessing to me.

Anonymous said...

May the Lord hear your heart's cry and carry you through this time...