Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Left to Myself


"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go." Psalm 32:8

Left to myself, I would surely die. Slow destruction with a final cry.

I'm learning, life firm in Jesus is the only way. To live life to its fullest without a destructive sway.

I can see myself when I am alone... There are times when I am not looking to and depending on You
.

I know Who is before me... And yet, at times, I still tend to wander down the wrong track.

God, I am full of things that squeeze You out. Empty me so I can be fully filled by You.


Guide and lead me, show me the way. Alone with myself, not acknowledging You, surely is an unsafe place.

Come, Holy Spirit, lead and direct me to that narrow way. I need You every second of every day.

How great Your love and forgiveness: That's who You are and Your full intent.

Left to myself... I shudder to think where my journey would end. Grateful that You are here to instruct and teach and lead me toward the right bend.


Title: Left to Myself
http://seedsowersseries.blogspot.com
by: seed sower deb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seed Sower,

Thanks for sharing, your sight always lifts me up, just at the right time!

Unknown said...

"Why do you not write more?" Neesie asks. I am reminded of the prose of St Theresa of Avila pierced by the sword of God's love. Yes, I am an atheist, but a well-read one! LOL! You may enjoy her writing if you can get a book of her work. There is also a web site giving you a fairly decent thumb-nail sketch of her and work at:

http://www.karmel.at/eng/teresa.htm

Her book, "The Interior Castle" is a halmark of mid-16th century religious aceticism as well as a guidebook for up and coming novices-to-be-nuns at one of her many convents.

She is rather interesting. You may not be too hot on her being a Catholic; however, her use of metaphor and spirituality can be hotter than the steamiest romance novel of this day!

Take care, Neesie

Seed Sower Deb said...

Anyse, my writing has taken roller coaster dips like my life. I posted my my first 2010 writing at the end of May. I write as time permits. Sometimes things come to me in the car... I always have pen and paper at hand so I do not loose the thought. I've enjoyed doing this and was thrilled when blogging began. Prior to blogging I typed my seed sower series writings on the computer and then printed them on paper. Whether via paper on thru blog... as seed is a seed. :-) I am glad you stopped by. (debs to you)