Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Listen to Her Cry

Sitting in my living room listening to the cry of a dear friend share from her broken heart. I do not know HER pain. I know MY pain.  Everyone's pains are their own. Yet, I know that Jesus knows each of our pains and sufferings. "A man of sorrows, acquainted with grief." Isaiah 53:3

If she is cut, I know it is painful, I have been cut. But this is HER cut, on HER body; HER nerves transmit the pain. My eyes "see" her wound, my ears "hear" her expressed cry and pain: my memory is stirred with memories of similar pain. I cannot feel her pain. All I know is, my heart hurts with and for her. I listen to her cry.

I listen to how in her conversation she intertwines herself with those who have inflicted pain on her. I recognize that intertwinement, I've done it. I remind myself, I was not and am not them, I am me; I am separate from my tormentors, from those who caused me harm. I know I cannot explain that to my dear friend right now. I listen to her cry. I am thankful I can be there for her. I pray the Holy Spirit comforts her and that He reminds her that He is with her through this and will help her as she cast her cares and pains on the Lord.

I pray for my friend as I listen to her cry.  I know only Jesus can heal her heart. I tuck the morning happenings away in my heart and go on with my day. I'm reminded of the scripture, "Blessed by God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; who comforted and comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in trouble by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." 1 Corinthians 2:3-4


(Saturday, April 30, 2011)

1 comment:

Carol B said...

<3
in Jesus' mighty Name
amen